Your skin has a memory. In ten/twenty/thirty years from now, your skin will show the results of how it was treated today. So, treat it kindly and with respect.
Skin type is determined by how much/ how little sebum your skin produces. Your diet, the medications, stress, environment and make – up products that cause irritation can affect your skin’s sebum production.
We have 4 different types of skin. Figuring out which type of skin you have can be quite difficult but it’s the key to knowing the exact products to which you’ll put on your skin in order to perfect it. Here are some signs that may help you know your skin type today.
- DRY SKIN TYPE(is a skin type that produces less sebum)
- Appears dull with a rough complexion
- Often sensitive and easily irritated
- Has got less elasticity
- More visible lines
- Maybe flakey and sometimes itchy.
- Tight appearance
- OIL SKIN TYPE: (oily skin is used to describe a skin type heightened in sebum production)
- Enlarged pores
- Dull/shinny complexion usually on the nose or forehead
- Have blackheads, prone to acne
- Has got greasy feeling
- Has got blemishes
- COMBINATION SKIN TYPE (this skin occurs when a person has 2 or 3 types)
- Oily usually at the T-zone
- Overly dilated pores
- Has got blackheads
- Appears shinny
- NORMAL SKIN TYPE (this refers to well-balanced skin. Overall sebum and moisture is balanced and skin is neither too oily nor too dry)
- Has got no sensitivity
- Will not get irritated
- No visible pores
- Blemishes free
- Has got a radiant complexion