The new year is here. It’s time to change our lifestyles. It’s time to get bold with our health resolutions. Forget the easy stuff, be brave, avoid the comfortable approach and focus on what’s most important, health and fitness.
What needs to be done?
- Educate and raise awareness. Educate your group about inclusive fitness. Once you feel better, you end up doing better.
- Adaptability. Ensure your fitness routines are in line with your abilities and fitness levels. Do what you can when you can.
- Accessibility. Are you close to a fitness center? Choose the location that’s closest to your area code. If you have a disability, consider areas with ramps, elevators and accessible bathrooms.
- Flexible class formats. Learn from a variety of class formats to cater to your unique preferences.
- Inclusive programming. Take on workouts that engage all of your muscle groups. Avoid doing only one exercise.